Thursday, December 7, 2006

remixing vintage style





Once upon a time I actually found a pair of 1940's red leather platform sandals to fit my feet. They were stunning: eliciting complements everywhere we went and bumping my height up to a statuesque 6'3. Sadly, yet inevitably, I wore them to death.
Since a piece like that isn't bound to come around but once in a lifetime, imagine my delight when I discovered a company that specializes in reproducing classic vintage shoe styles! Remix Vintage Shoes, out of California, carries hand made leather reproductions in styles ranging from the 1920's to the 1950's (and in every color you can dream of!).
As a happy owner of several pairs, I can vouch that they're incredibly comfortable, look like the real thing, and are available at a price you can live with.

1 comment: